Since March 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic necessitated physical distancing as a public health measure. This practice operated via Telehealth throughout the pandemic.
Today, a ‘soft reopening’ is underway, with the eventual establishment of a hybrid in-person and Telehealth practice. Telehealth appointments will continue, while in-person appointments will resume gradually, on a case-by-case basis.
The schedule of in-person office hours has not yet been established.
This page will be updated periodically as new information becomes available.
Steps to increase safety
- All clinicians working in the Philadelphia office have been fully vaccinated.
- All clients have reported full vaccination status.
- Gaps are scheduled between appointments to reduce exposure between clients.
- Air purifiers by Molekule operate continuously in both the waiting room and the consulting room. According to the manufacturer, Molekule Air Mini and Air Mini+ purifiers “satisfy performance criteria outlined in FDA guidance for use in helping to reduce potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2, the COVID-19 virus.” Learn more
Expectations and agreements
- In-person appointments are not required. Telehealth will continue in many circumstances, including clients’ personal preference and when necessitated by safety considerations.
- While steps have been taken to reduce risk, meeting in person increases risk of exposure to Covid-19 compared to Telehealth. It is important to weigh clinical benefits of meeting in-person against the risk of exposure to Covid-19. You and I will discuss this risk/benefit ratio on an individual basis.
- Do not come into the office if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past two weeks, or if you recently had contact with a person who tested positive for Covid-19.
- Do not come into the office if you have a fever, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting.
- In accordance with current city guidelines, masks are not required, but are suggested as a courtesy in the building and in our waiting room.
- Masks are not required in the consulting room during your appointment.
- Eating, drinking, and phone conversations are not permitted in the waiting room.
- Please arrive shortly before your appointment and leave quickly afterwards.
- This guidance is expected to change over time in accordance with public health recommendations.
- Map: drgeoffreysteinberg.com/philadelphia/
- View/download directions to find your way within the building:
This page was first uploaded June 17, 2021. Substantive updates noted here and posted to drgeoffreysteinberg.com/reentry